War on Christmas???
Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
2007-11-10 07:26:21 UTC
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait

http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pac+man-bra-310764.php
wolfagain
2007-11-10 09:15:34 UTC
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards! The poster here is not
even close to being normal! Still nurses from his 59 yr old mother!
Very sad!
Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
2007-11-10 10:11:30 UTC
Post by wolfagain
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards! The poster here is not
even close to being normal! Still nurses from his 59 yr old mother!
Very sad!
Don't get pissy at me..I just posted the link...Relax...Or did you mean the
idiot that wrote the article??
FDR
2007-11-10 13:33:47 UTC
Post by wolfagain
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards!
What about Senator Tap Tap?

The poster here is not
Very sad!
unknown
What about Senator Frank?
tomcervo
(rideofthevalkyries.wav)
Alric Knebel
2007-11-10 15:15:53 UTC
Post by wolfagain
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards! The poster here is not
even close to being normal! Still nurses from his 59 yr old mother!
Very sad!
You're as dumb as a hydrant. Look at that stupid article. Billy finds
significance in the COLOR of the lights. People have used decorations
of all types, of all colors, with some Christmas trees using only one
color, or using only white, for YEARS. Some use SILVER trees, and have
been doing so since I was a kid, with white lights and a light on the
floor with four different colored filters on it, that rotated slowly and
changed the entire color of the tree. My GRANDMOTHER had one (I
preferred artificial green trees, myself).

Like most of the Bill's viewers, you're among his target demographic:
slow, simple-minded, and just plain drooling stupid. Think for
yourself, you ignorant weenie.
--
_________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com
Richard Evans
My aunt and uncle used all blue lights back in 1950.
Thanatos
2007-11-10 19:19:40 UTC
Post by wolfagain
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards! The poster here is not
even close to being normal! Still nurses from his 59 yr old mother!
Very sad!
You're as dumb as a hydrant. Look at that stupid article. Billy finds
significance in the COLOR of the lights.
I'm trying to figure out exactly what the religious significance of
colored lights are-- considering there wasn't even electricity when
Christ was born.
Alric Knebel
2007-11-11 21:18:01 UTC
Post by Thanatos
Post by wolfagain
[...]
I'm not sure, but I don't even think it snows in Nazareth. But you have
that whole by-the-fire image. I love it all, in any case, the whole
thing. The trees, the Nativity scene (though I don't buy into a single
word of it), the whole shebang.
--
_________________

Maryann
2007-11-12 16:03:37 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Thanatos
Post by wolfagain
[...]
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.htmlhttp://www.ironeyefortress.com- Hide quoted text -
Remember Halloween falls on "All Souls Day" a religious holiday
remembering the dead. Even tho, pagans has taken it over with GOTH
beliefs. Please let us not take Christmas off and work; since we
should not recognize it. mai
Audie Murphy's Ghost
2007-11-12 17:05:45 UTC
Post by Maryann
Remember Halloween falls on "All Souls Day" a religious holiday
remembering the dead. Even tho, pagans has taken it over with GOTH
beliefs. Please let us not take Christmas off and work; since we
should not recognize it. mai
Halloween is Oct. 31.

All Souls' Day is Nov. 2.
aemeijers
2007-11-13 01:13:25 UTC
Post by Audie Murphy's Ghost
Post by Maryann
Remember Halloween falls on "All Souls Day" a religious holiday
remembering the dead. Even tho, pagans has taken it over with GOTH
beliefs. Please let us not take Christmas off and work; since we
should not recognize it. mai
Halloween is Oct. 31.
All Souls' Day is Nov. 2.
Remember that the civil and ecclesiastical calendars have floated around
a bit. A quick Google confirms my memory- the Christian church was
co-opting a Celtic (aka Druid) holiday that celebrated the dead. Their
was also apparently a similar Roman holiday around the same time of
year. Since the pagans long predated the Church of Rome, you have it
backwards as to who copied who. As to Christmas itself, well, that was
pretty blatantly moved to take advantage of the preexisting winter
equinox festivals that existed in multiple cultures.

aem sends....
Tom
2007-11-10 16:18:23 UTC
Post by wolfagain
On Nov 10, 1:26 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
--
Now gamers everywhere can get their girlfriends to dress up as their
favorite video game babe for Halloween. Oh wait
http://kotaku.com/gaming/cosplay/adult-final-fantasy-chun+li-cutie-pa...
Bill is Right! As usual, and libs just have to get used to 'IT' Most
libs are homosexual(latent or actual) and really don't like being
exposed to decent ideas and moral standards! The poster here is not
even close to being normal! Still nurses from his 59 yr old mother!
Very sad!
Bill's an idiot. How can you (or he) reconcile the fact that while he
declares some of us have declared war on Christmas, he follows along
in lock step? For example, he decries the term "Holiday Party" when
referring to a Christmas party, yet Fox has a Holiday party, not a
Christmas party. Another example of his hipocrisy is when he hawks his
books during his shoe he calls his online store a "Holiday?Christmas
store." I'm sure he thinks he's being ironic, when in realty he's
being moronic.

Tom
Thanatos
2007-11-10 19:17:00 UTC
Post by Tom
Bill's an idiot. How can you (or he) reconcile the fact that while he
declares some of us have declared war on Christmas, he follows along
in lock step? For example, he decries the term "Holiday Party" when
referring to a Christmas party, yet Fox has a Holiday party, not a
Christmas party.
I guess that would indeed make him a hypocrite if he was the guy in
charge of FOX.
unknown
2007-11-10 23:33:53 UTC
OH NO!! Bill is the shoe bomber?
Tom
2007-11-11 23:53:57 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Tom
Another example of his hipocrisy is when he hawks his
books during his shoe
OH NO!! Bill is the shoe bomber?
I was channelling Ed Sullivan... it was a really big shoe...

Tom
Stan Brown
2007-11-10 13:35:47 UTC
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:26:21 GMT from Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
O'Reilly's an idiot and a bigot (usually go together, but not
always). He will not convince anyone except the idiots and bigots who
already feel as he does, so it's best just to ignore him.
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"You may be the Universe's butt puppet, but I'm its right-
hand fist of fate." -- /Wonderfalls/
record hunter
2007-11-10 15:55:11 UTC
Post by Stan Brown
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:26:21 GMT from Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
O'Reilly's an idiot and a bigot (usually go together, but not
always). He will not convince anyone except the idiots and bigots who
already feel as he does, so it's best just to ignore him.
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"You may be the Universe's butt puppet, but I'm its right-
hand fist of fate." -- /Wonderfalls/
"War on Christmas"...hahahaha. Those poor Christians have it so rough
in America.
peachy ashie passion
No no no! It's best to point and laugh.
cloud dreamer
2007-11-10 14:14:22 UTC
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
He's delusional. He probably crows about how the women in Afghanistan
have been "freed" while at the same time trying to force HIS beliefs on
others. Hypocrite.

..
--
We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.
Maryann
2007-11-12 18:09:13 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
He's delusional. He probably crows about how the women in Afghanistan
have been "freed" while at the same time trying to force HIS beliefs on
others. Hypocrite.
..
--
We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.
Looks like no one here sees anything fair and balanced, how many times
have you people gave a listen or a watch to Mr. Bill? Air America
where did that go?? m
cloud dreamer
2007-11-12 18:25:45 UTC
Post by Maryann
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
He's delusional. He probably crows about how the women in Afghanistan
have been "freed" while at the same time trying to force HIS beliefs on
others. Hypocrite.
Looks like no one here sees anything fair and balanced, how many times
have you people gave a listen or a watch to Mr. Bill? Air America
where did that go??
The man is a nutcase. I have no more interest in listening to him than I
do Ann Coulter.

..
Audie Murphy's Ghost
2007-11-12 19:06:27 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Maryann
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
He's delusional. He probably crows about how the women in Afghanistan
have been "freed" while at the same time trying to force HIS beliefs on
others. Hypocrite.
Looks like no one here sees anything fair and balanced, how many times
have you people gave a listen or a watch to Mr. Bill? Air America
where did that go??
The man is a nutcase. I have no more interest in listening to him than I
do Ann Coulter.
The people who worked with him when he was a local reporter at WCBS
Channel 2 in New York know O'Reilly for the evil little shit that he
is. They sent him to South America once for some story (I think it was
about drug trafficking) and he fucked it up. When Bob Schieffer came
down to do the story for the network, O'Reilly blamed the whole mess on
Schieffer for having bigfooted him. At Fox, O'Reilly has lucked into a
gig where he doesn't have to do anything except be loud and obnoxious,
and he's always been good at that. BTW, his radio show is a low-rated
failure.

O'Reilly probably doesn't believe half of what he says. He just works
the crowd.
Jason Maxwell
2007-11-13 04:09:45 UTC
Post by Maryann
Air America
where did that go?? m
Right here:

http://www.airamerica.com/stations

On 60+ stations and XM Radio in 28 states and the District of Columbia. Not
huge yet, but hardly gone.

Jason
David
2007-11-10 14:57:14 UTC
Oh good. The idiocy survives for yet another year.
Maryann
2007-11-13 21:07:08 UTC
Air America probably survives on Al Franken's $$$$$$$...mai
Audie Murphy's Ghost
2007-11-13 22:43:45 UTC
Post by Maryann
Post by David
Oh good. The idiocy survives for yet another year.
Air America probably survives on Al Franken's $$$$$$$...mai
And Lush Rimbaugh survives on the bucks of gullible fools. I prefer
Franken.
Steven L.
2007-11-10 15:23:03 UTC
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
I think Jesus would regard the entire Christmas shopping season as a
"war on Christmas."

Even the devout Christians in this country tend to forget the part of
Jesus' message about the evils of greed and the obligation to help the poor.

He would almost certainly tell folks to spend less money on gadgets for
themselves and donate that money to charity instead.
--
Steven L.
Email: ***@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
FDR
2007-11-10 15:57:41 UTC
It's this kind of crap that makes us the laughingstock of the world.
record hunter
2007-11-10 16:07:39 UTC
Ya think?
That Don Guy
2007-11-10 17:59:36 UTC
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Sounds like the beginning of the "American Dad!" Christmas episode.

Nothing new about this; when was the last time a public school
district was allowed to call its Christmastime break "Christmas
Vacation" (as opposed to, say, "Winter Vacation")?

(But the bit about "colored lights" is pushing it - that Fort Collins
committee probably had someone like my mother who throws a fit if you
even suggest putting colored lights on the tree - she claims "there's
enough color with the ornaments".)

-- Don

No Agony, No Bragony!
Darth Chaos
Bill O is nothing but a corporate fearmonger.
pv+ (PV)
2007-11-12 17:53:17 UTC
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Does anyone even CARE about Bill O'Reilly anymore? I think his 15 minutes
are over. *
like corkscrews.
Maryann
2007-11-12 20:46:57 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Does anyone even CARE about Bill O'Reilly anymore? I think his 15 minutes
are over. *
like corkscrews.
NUMBER ONE watched cable news for 10 years, you do the math, genius.
mai
Richard Evans
Cite please. From anyone but Billo himself.
cloud dreamer
2007-11-12 21:08:40 UTC
Post by Maryann
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Does anyone even CARE about Bill O'Reilly anymore? I think his 15 minutes
are over. *
like corkscrews.
NUMBER ONE watched cable news for 10 years, you do the math, genius.
mai
He gets his audience from the 24% of Americans that still think Bush is
a good president. Not hard to see where he gets his numbers.

Being popular doesn't make someone right.

The Germans figured that out.

..
Maryann
2007-11-12 21:19:22 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Maryann
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Does anyone even CARE about Bill O'Reilly anymore? I think his 15 minutes
are over. *
like corkscrews.
NUMBER ONE watched cable news for 10 years, you do the math, genius.
mai
He gets his audience from the 24% of Americans that still think Bush is
a good president. Not hard to see where he gets his numbers.
Being popular doesn't make someone right.
The Germans figured that out.
..
--
We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.
Mein furer: "15 minutes is over", your quote,
10 years most popular watched cable news show - fact...have you been
out in the climate too much? Please don't exhale...m
cloud dreamer
2007-11-12 21:49:19 UTC
Post by Maryann
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Maryann
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
Does anyone even CARE about Bill O'Reilly anymore? I think his 15 minutes
are over. *
like corkscrews.
NUMBER ONE watched cable news for 10 years, you do the math, genius.
mai
He gets his audience from the 24% of Americans that still think Bush is
a good president. Not hard to see where he gets his numbers.
Being popular doesn't make someone right.
The Germans figured that out.
Mein furer: "15 minutes is over", your quote,
10 years most popular watched cable news show - fact...have you been
out in the climate too much? Please don't exhale...m
Insults. The sure sign of a lost argument.

..
pv+ (PV)
2007-11-12 23:14:22 UTC
Post by Maryann
NUMBER ONE watched cable news for 10 years, you do the math, genius.
mai
This is me pointing and laughing at you: /point /laugh

No doubt that stat comes from the same source that claimed that Bill
O'Reilly won a peabody award - O'Reilly himself. *
like corkscrews.
Richard Evans
Yup. I asked for a cite other than Billo. Haven't seen one yet.
record hunter
http://www.oreilly-sucks.com/peabodyfacts1.htm
Ubiquitous
2007-11-26 01:53:24 UTC
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?

1) In one English school they have a ban on children swapping
Christmas Cards. The principal says the ban is to protect
the environment. Many suggest it is just to get Christmas
out of the school.

2) One government school principal near Boston called off a
class trip to see "Miracle on 34th Street." The reason?
"too focused on Santa Claus."

3) Sydney, Australia. Santas are being told not to say "ho
ho ho" because it might scare the kids.

4) Ft. Collins, Colorado. The city actually has a committee
studying Christmas decorations. Red and green lights are
going to be disallowed. Only white lights.

5) Lowes Home Improvement catalogue. No mention of Christmas
trees. They are "family trees."

It's past absurd, folks. Approaching disgusting. Fight back.
Anonymous
2007-11-26 02:38:21 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?

Until you actually see the radiant mushroom cloud over
Washington, D.C., you can forget about "fighting back".

They've got all the BIG Lawyers BIG Guns and BIG Money.
Serfdom has what, a home PC and an Internet connection?
Do you think that the oligarchy, the controlling elite
who own & control everything and everyone of the world,
could give a rat's flyin fvck what the slave-class say
about anything? If you do, I've got a "bridge for sale"...

Christians have no nuclear nor biological weapons with
which to effectively fight back. Neither do any of the
Muslim factions, Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc. So what are you
going to "fight" against them with, sticks and stones?

Let 'em cancel Christmas, too. The U.S. Government has
already canceled Christianity (in 1947). The good news
is they can't cancel Armageddon, Judgment and Hellfire.

Pray for Armageddon,
Daniel Joseph Min
http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/danieljosephmin/
Dano
You are clearly not real. An obvious Cylon I tell ya! Get him!
DaveJr
More like the BORG!
Barry OGrady
2007-12-03 03:27:19 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
You should turn that off.
Post by Anonymous
Until you actually see the radiant mushroom cloud over
Washington, D.C., you can forget about "fighting back".
They've got all the BIG Lawyers BIG Guns and BIG Money.
Serfdom has what, a home PC and an Internet connection?
Do you think that the oligarchy, the controlling elite
who own & control everything and everyone of the world,
could give a rat's flyin fvck what the slave-class say
about anything? If you do, I've got a "bridge for sale"...
Christians have no nuclear nor biological weapons with
which to effectively fight back. Neither do any of the
Muslim factions, Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc. So what are you
going to "fight" against them with, sticks and stones?
Let 'em cancel Christmas, too. The U.S. Government has
already canceled Christianity (in 1947).
I must have missed that though it would be a good idea.
Post by Anonymous
The good news
is they can't cancel Armageddon, Judgment and Hellfire.
Fortunately those things aren't real.
Post by Anonymous
Pray for Armageddon,
Daniel Joseph Min
You should turn that off.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
I do not represent atheists or atheism
Alric Knebel
2007-11-26 03:19:42 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
That's all a bunch of bullshit. We hear this crap every year from those
right-wing blowhards looking to keep their fanbase stirred up. The fact
that you can list these things in such a manner shows what I'm talking
about. You obviously read one of those articles that listed all of that
for you. But you can bet, almost all of these anectodal samples are
taken out of context. If there really was a "War on Christmas," you'd
be able to see it for yourself.
--
_________________

David E. Powell
2007-11-26 03:29:45 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
The big fight is between people wanting to go after the religious
aspects while keeping the commercial ones vs. folks who want it
religious. (A mroe religious one might mean less spending.)
Alric Knebel
2007-11-26 12:57:41 UTC
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
I doubt it. There's really no war at all. You hear some weird thing
every now and then, and a couple of times, the claim was a construed
version of what happened. O'Reilly's famous for this sort of thing, but
these accusations are always coming from SOME right-wing blowhard,
trying to create a conflict because they know their fan base is always
looking high and low for an excuse for their self-righteousness. The
vast majority of people love Christmas, the whole holiday season.

And, no, the reference to "Holiday Season" isn't part of that war on
Christmas. That expression has been around for as long as the holiday
season itself. I saw it on Christmas cards when I was a kid, on
Christmas decorations strung across the roads, and so on. It's all
bullshit. These fuckers won't even let their fan base enjoy the
holidays without some dollop of bullshit.
--
_________________

Jason Maxwell
2007-11-26 03:34:31 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Care to give cites for any of these? I know that your #4 is wrong, it was
one mall in Australia and it was because some paper pusher thought "Ho ho
ho" was demeaning to women, not because it scared kids. I expect your other
points are just as "accurate".

Jason
David Chesler
#2 was Winchester. The principal is named French. See
bostonherald.com.
It was a local production (Stoneham Theatre.) He's been giving all
sorts of reasons, like "It isn't part of the curriculum", but they saw
"A Christmas Carol".

If it were up to me, the Christians would keep their Christ in
Christmas, and the government would stop celebrating one religious
holiday. (Lip service to minor holidays of other religions that may
fall out around the same time doesn't cut it.) Nevertheless, "Miracle
on 34th Street" is about as innocuous as these things get, and if he
was trying to make a stand, he picked the wrong place. On the other
hand, if he was trying to shut up those who dare mention that maybe a
public school shouldn't be celebrating a religious holiday, he's done
a good job. There has already been hate speech directed against
Jewish students at that middle school.

Three miles up Massachusetts Route 38 there's a creche on the Woburn
Commons, the centerpiece of the annual decorations. The Mayor threw
the switch to light up the Commons, turning on the lights strung up by
the Department of Public Works, just Saturday night. Christians here
aren't worried about losing the tyranny of the majority.

--
- David Chesler <***@post.harvard.edu>
Free Cory Maye
Dano
2007-11-26 05:33:06 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Yeah! Fuck 'em all!! Kill the Godless bastards! Kill a humanist for
Christ. After all...WWJD?

Moron.
Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!
2007-11-26 17:06:13 UTC
Post by Dano
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Yeah, that's exactly what he was advocating...
Post by Dano
Moron.
Alarmist.

LG
--
The attacks were meant to bring us to our knees, and they did, but not in
the way the terrorists intended. Americans united in prayer, came to the aid
word. - George W. Bush
T***@newshosting.com
2007-11-26 11:16:08 UTC
1) In one English school they have a ban on children swapping
Christmas Cards. The principal says the ban is to protect
the environment. Many suggest it is just to get Christmas
out of the school.
Instead of the classroom, they can trade them in the Hallway
2) One government school principal near Boston called off a
class trip to see "Miracle on 34th Street." The reason?
"too focused on Santa Claus."
Maybe the Principal was referring to not enough Jesus.
So this is ambiguous.
3) Sydney, Australia. Santas are being told not to say "ho
ho ho" because it might scare the kids.
Ho meaning Prostitudes.
So this is a lie.
4) Ft. Collins, Colorado. The city actually has a committee
studying Christmas decorations. Red and green lights are
going to be disallowed. Only white lights.
So what ?
5) Lowes Home Improvement catalogue. No mention of Christmas
trees. They are "family trees."
So What, in the mean time I'll bet Lowes is pumping out X-mas crap over the
Address system.
It's past absurd, folks. Approaching disgusting. Fight back.
The ones who should be fighting harder are the ones sick of X-mas Carols in
stores, Xmas Commercials on media. I don't give a rats ass about your
celebrating your holiday, but don't force it on us.
Doctor Zhivago
2007-11-26 12:34:33 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
When did they ban Christ from Christian Churches? They must have
because you stupid motherfuckers insist on having church any place but
in your fucking church. How retarded are you? Even the Bible talks
about there being a time and a place for everything. Try church in
church.
James Gassaway
2007-11-27 03:19:13 UTC
Post by Doctor Zhivago
When did they ban Christ from Christian Churches? They must have
because you stupid motherfuckers insist on having church any place but
in your fucking church. How retarded are you? Even the Bible talks
about there being a time and a place for everything. Try church in
church.
Because that is one of the parts of the Bible that the Bible-literalists
don't think we should be taking literally?
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Now, quack, damn you!"
cloud dreamer
2007-11-27 03:25:07 UTC
Post by James Gassaway
Post by Doctor Zhivago
When did they ban Christ from Christian Churches? They must have
because you stupid motherfuckers insist on having church any place but
in your fucking church. How retarded are you? Even the Bible talks
about there being a time and a place for everything. Try church in
church.
Because that is one of the parts of the Bible that the Bible-literalists
don't think we should be taking literally?
That's the typical pick-and-choose what you want and forget the rest. If
people truly wanted to follow what it says in the bible, they'd be
killing anyone who works on the sabbath.

Sunday shopping must be a bitch in some communities...

..
Patrick Joseph Mc Namara
2007-11-26 14:16:40 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
1) In one English school they have a ban on children swapping
Christmas Cards. The principal says the ban is to protect
the environment.
That may be true but...
Post by Ubiquitous
Many suggest it is just to get Christmas
out of the school.
...this isn't. Who are the "many"? It's easy to use generalities to shape
the truth. Name specifics.
Post by Ubiquitous
2) One government school principal near Boston called off a
class trip to see "Miracle on 34th Street." The reason?
"too focused on Santa Claus."
Which school? Where's you're proof?
Post by Ubiquitous
3) Sydney, Australia. Santas are being told not to say "ho
ho ho" because it might scare the kids.
This is standard for Santa training everywhere. The loudness of the voice
does scare some kids and Santas are adviced to laugh differently. But if
they were trying to get rid of Christmas do you think they would have
Santas?
Post by Ubiquitous
4) Ft. Collins, Colorado. The city actually has a committee
studying Christmas decorations. Red and green lights are
going to be disallowed. Only white lights.
Where's the study? Does it have something to do with traffic light
confusion?
Post by Ubiquitous
5) Lowes Home Improvement catalogue. No mention of Christmas
trees. They are "family trees."
From a search on Lowes.com for Christmas:
95 results found for "Christmas"

If it is true, they may have simply wanted to include Jews in their
marketing, not exclude Christians. Isn't Lowe a Jewish name?
--
Patrick Joseph McNamara
E-mail: ***@yahoo.com
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=978789
pv+ (PV)
2007-11-26 17:31:41 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
Hey everybody! Let's all point and laugh at the FREAK! *
like corkscrews.
David
2007-11-26 17:35:47 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
Hey everybody! Let's all point and laugh at the FREAK! *
I'd rather people killfiled the idiot. I can't believe how these
trolls can still get responses after years of saying every stupid
thing they've said
peachy ashie passion
2007-11-26 22:01:07 UTC
Post by David
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
Hey everybody! Let's all point and laugh at the FREAK! *
I'd rather people killfiled the idiot. I can't believe how these
trolls can still get responses after years of saying every stupid
thing they've said
Eh, everyone likes a good fight. That's why the "war on christmas"
works, that's why trolls work.

Everyone has some pent up anger they want to unleash.
David
2007-11-26 22:19:25 UTC
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:01:07 GMT, peachy ashie passion
Post by peachy ashie passion
Post by David
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/09/oreilly-begin-christmas-war-07/
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal assault on
the rich American tradition of Christmas?
Hey everybody! Let's all point and laugh at the FREAK! *
I'd rather people killfiled the idiot. I can't believe how these
trolls can still get responses after years of saying every stupid
thing they've said
Eh, everyone likes a good fight. That's why the "war on christmas"
works, that's why trolls work.
Well aside from contributing the overload of off-topic garbage, you
(that's general "you") are also annoying everyone who has these trolls
killfiled and doesn't want to see any more of their work. You're also
giving the idiots exactly what they want as well as a reason to
continue.
Post by peachy ashie passion
Everyone has some pent up anger they want to unleash.
"Fool me once, shame on me." But when these trolls keep hooking
willing participants year after year, usually using the same troll
bait and getting replies from the same people over and over... that
says something very bad about these people who keep responding.
Default User
2007-11-26 22:34:23 UTC
Post by David
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:01:07 GMT, peachy ashie passion
Post by peachy ashie passion
Eh, everyone likes a good fight. That's why the "war on
christmas" works, that's why trolls work.
Well aside from contributing the overload of off-topic garbage, you
(that's general "you") are also annoying everyone who has these trolls
killfiled and doesn't want to see any more of their work.
That's exactly why I killfiled "Peachy" and several others, they just
can't resist the troll bait. Truth is, they want to post off-topic,
they look for an excuse.

Brian
won't shut up.
peachy ashie passion
2007-11-26 23:24:03 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by David
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:01:07 GMT, peachy ashie passion
Post by peachy ashie passion
Eh, everyone likes a good fight. That's why the "war on
christmas" works, that's why trolls work.
Well aside from contributing the overload of off-topic garbage, you
(that's general "you") are also annoying everyone who has these trolls
killfiled and doesn't want to see any more of their work.
That's exactly why I killfiled "Peachy" and several others, they just
can't resist the troll bait. Truth is, they want to post off-topic,
they look for an excuse.
pffft. Good call of default to kf me - I never need an excuse to
post off topic. I wasn't under the impression I needed an excuse, just
an urge.
Adam H. Kerman
What troll have you been feeding?
peachy ashie passion
Apparently all of them!!
James Gassaway
2007-11-27 03:23:29 UTC
Post by Default User
That's exactly why I killfiled "Peachy" and several others, they
just can't resist the troll bait. Truth is, they want to post
off-topic, they look for an excuse.
pffft. Good call of default to kf me - I never need an excuse to
post off topic. I wasn't under the impression I needed an excuse,
just an urge.
What troll have you been feeding?
Apparently all of them!!
I'm now suddenly having this mental image based on the stereotypical Little
Old Lady sitting on a park bench feeding bread crumbs to the pigeons. (No
offense intended, Peachy.)
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Now, quack, damn you!"
peachy ashie passion
It's okay. I'm like that. :)
Tony Calguire
2007-11-27 04:51:06 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by peachy ashie passion
pffft. Good call of default to kf me - I never need an excuse to
post off topic. I wasn't under the impression I needed an excuse, just
an urge.
What troll have you been feeding?
Peachy decided a few months ago that she needed to get involved with those
autistic Doctor Who posters like Doctor (YADS) and TopPoster. Why? I
don't know. Then there's the flirting with Fred that can carry a thread
several days beyond it's normal lifespan.
David
2007-11-27 05:06:33 UTC
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:51:06 -0000, Tony Calguire
Post by Tony Calguire
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by peachy ashie passion
pffft. Good call of default to kf me - I never need an excuse to
post off topic. I wasn't under the impression I needed an excuse, just
an urge.
What troll have you been feeding?
Peachy decided a few months ago that she needed to get involved with those
autistic Doctor Who posters like Doctor (YADS) and TopPoster. Why? I
don't know. Then there's the flirting with Fred that can carry a thread
several days beyond it's normal lifespan.
And at the moment "Rick" over in the Harlan Allison/Star Trek thread
that's now about neither.
peachy ashie passion
What? ALL of them wasn't inclusive enough? You need an actual list?
William December Starr
2007-11-29 03:27:09 UTC
Post by David
And at the moment "Rick" over in the Harlan Allison/Star Trek thread
that's now about neither.
Are you doing that on purpose for some reason, or don't you realize
that it's Harlan *Ellison*?
William December Starr <***@panix.com>
Anim8rFSK
2007-11-29 04:42:16 UTC
Post by William December Starr
Post by David
And at the moment "Rick" over in the Harlan Allison/Star Trek thread
that's now about neither.
Are you doing that on purpose for some reason, or don't you realize
that it's Harlan *Ellison*?
Then why did he write a book called Allison Wonderland?
--
Jitterbug phone works! (Third time's a charm!)
Except the first bill is $100 high. Heavy sigh.
Audie Murphy's Ghost
I bought that in a little place on Allison Road.
Eric D. Berge
2007-12-01 20:27:38 UTC
Post by David
And at the moment "Rick" over in the Harlan Allison/Star Trek thread
that's now about neither.
"You can get anything you want
At Allison's Restaurant.
'Ceptin' Harlan."
Anim8rFSK
2007-11-26 23:44:11 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by David
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:01:07 GMT, peachy ashie passion
Post by peachy ashie passion
Eh, everyone likes a good fight. That's why the "war on
christmas" works, that's why trolls work.
Well aside from contributing the overload of off-topic garbage, you
(that's general "you") are also annoying everyone who has these trolls
killfiled and doesn't want to see any more of their work.
That's exactly why I killfiled "Peachy" and several others, they just
can't resist the troll bait. Truth is, they want to post off-topic,
they look for an excuse.
Brian
but but but

she's so peachy!
Anim8rFSK

peachy ashie passion
Yes dear.
William December Starr
2007-11-29 03:25:15 UTC
Post by David
Post by pv+ (PV)
Hey everybody! Let's all point and laugh at the FREAK! *
I'd rather people killfiled the idiot. I can't believe how these
trolls can still get responses after years of saying every stupid
thing they've said
I've been watching Ubi for a long time and I don't think he _is_ a
troll. I think he really *believes* all those lies that make him
feel good by giving him a scapegoat to blame and hate.

You know, just like the people that Hitler rode to power.
William December Starr <***@panix.com>
William December Starr
2007-11-29 03:19:46 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal
assault on the rich American tradition of Christmas?
You're a moron. You know that, right?
William December Starr <***@panix.com>
the Bede
he's ubiquitous, not omniscient.
Crowfoot
2007-11-29 06:14:12 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal
assault on the rich American tradition of Christmas?
How much longer are you going to be a moron? Inquiring minds
want to know.

Well, maybe not so much. Forget I asked.

n***@junk.min.net
2007-11-30 00:36:56 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal
assault on the rich American tradition of Christmas?
You're a moron. You know that, right?
Wasn't the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree just lit? The Christmas tree
in Annapolis, MD, was, and I suppose the trees in other state capitals
were or will be, as well.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.2R

Ubiquitous
2008-01-20 11:58:35 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
How much longer are we going to take this whole-scale frontal
assault on the rich American tradition of Christmas?
You're a moron. You know that, right?
It shouldn't surprise me to read you're just as misinformed on this
subject, but there ya go again.

Or was that amother weak attempt to change the subject via ad hominum
attack?
--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn