The 50 best movie robots
Fred Goodwin, CMA
2007-08-06 19:59:39 UTC
The 50 best movie robots

<http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/
film/article2133609.ece>
http://tinyurl.com/3b7bo2

July 25, 2007

To coincide with the release of Michael Bay's epic Transformers movie
we rate the most celebrated 'artifical people' in movies

We selected the fifty most memorable robots in film and rated them in
four different categories:

Plausibility (meaning how likely it would be that, with advances on
currently existing technology, such a device could be built)

Coolness (just how well designed, shiny or generally well-appointed
the robot appeared to be)

Dangerousness (scoring not only on built-in weaponry, but the robot's
eagerness to use it)

Comedy Value (how effective the robot is at providing light relief in
the film in which it appears)

We then weighted the results according to an arbitrary scale and mixed
a few select robots who, while immensely popular, have not as yet
appeared in a feature-length production. See if you can find them.
There are also a number of popular choices who didn't make the cut
because (as best as we can determine from their fictitious setting)
they aren't true robots: Read about them here.

We've also linked wherever possible to a trailer or representative
clip of every movie. We would remind parents and guardians that not
all of these clips are suitable for younger viewers.

50: Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)

Andrew's model number is NDR-114. This is thought to be a tribute to
Stanley Kubrick, who used the lucky number in several of his films for
example A Clockwork Orange and Dr. Strangelove

Plausibility: 8 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness: 0 Comedy Value:0

49: Daryl (D.A.R.Y.L)

"He is a Data Analyzing Robot Youth Lifeform. Daryl is an experiment
in artificial intelligence. All I can say is he was never meant to
leave here and he was certainly not to be with people like yourself"

Plausibility: 8 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness: 1 Comedy Value: 0

48: Twiki (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century)

Mel Blanc, the voice of Twiki, also provided voices for hundreds of
cartoons, including the Buck Rogers parody Duck Dodgers and the Return
of the 241/2th Century

Plausibility:0 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness: 0 Comedy Value:10

47: Rodney (ROBOTS)

"He's got your moms eyes and my dads nose. I knew we were smart to
save those parts"

Plausibility: 0 Coolness: 1 Dangerousness: 0 Comedy Value: 9

46: Preston (A Close Shave)

The evil robotic dog is named for director Nick Park's home town

Plausibility: 0 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness: 4 Comedy Value:10

45: C3-PO (Star Wars franchise)

C3-PO gets his name from the map grid reference of George Lucas' local
Post Office

Plausibility:3 Coolness:3 Dangerousness:0 Comedy Value:9

44: Max 404 (Android)

"Maggie! This is my only chance. I'm to be phased out as soon as
Cassandra's on her feet. Doctor'll probably turn me into a sprinkler-
head for the greenhouse"

Plausibility:6 Coolness: 2 Dangerousness: 7 Comedy Value:0

43: Vectrocon robot spiders (Runaway)

Runaway was expected to be the science-fiction smash of 1985 but was
outperformed from the left-field by a low-budget movie called The
Terminator

Plausibility:3 Coolness:4 Dangerousness:6 Comedy Value:2

42: House Robots (Sleeper)

"Is he housebroken or is he going to leave batteries all over the
floor?"

Plausibility: 5 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness:0 Comedy Value: 10

41: Eve VIII (Eve of Destruction)

"I'd kill to have that jacket"

Plausibility: 1 Coolness: 5 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value:0

40: Mystery philanthropic robots (Batteries Not included)

"This is the '80s! Nobody likes reality any more"

Plausibility: 8 Coolness: 2 Dangerousness: 3 Comedy Value: 3

39: Hector, Demigod 3 series (Saturn 3)

"I am not malfunctioning. You are"

Plausibility:3 Coolness:5 Dangerousness:8 Comedy Value:2

38: Maria (Metropolis)

Arguably the most influential, and certainly one of the most expensive
sci-fi films ever: Some sources put the total cost at four times the
original budget. The final cost of the film was in the region of 7
million marks (aprroximately $200 million today)

Plausibility:0 Coolness:10 Dangerousness: 8 Comedy Value:0

37: Terminator Series X (Terminator 3, Rise of the Machines)

"She'll be back"

Plausibility: 3 Coolness: 6 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 0

36: Robot police force (THX1138)

"Everything will be all right. You are in my hands. I am here to
protect you. You have nowhere to go. You have nowhere to go"

Plausibility:7 Coolness: 6 Dangerousness: 7 Comedy Value:0

35: Johnny 5 (Short Circuit)

"What if it goes out and melts down a bus load of nuns? How would you
like to write the headline on that one?"

Plausibility:10 Coolness:0 Dangerousness:1 Comedy Value:8

34: The Sentinels (The Matrix )

"Woah"

Plausibility:0 Coolness:9 Dangerousness: 9 Comedy Value:0

33:Giant Nazi Robots (Sky Captain)

Inspired by the giant evil robots who battle Superman in Max
Fleischer's influential 1941 cartoon

Plausibility:0 Coolness:8 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:1

32: Cylons (Battlestar Galactica)

"By your command."

Plausibility:3 Coolness:6 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:0

31: Battle Droids (Star Wars franchise)

"Roger roger"

Plausibility:0 Coolness:8 Dangerousness:4 Comedy Value:8

30: Optimus Prime (Transformers)

The word "Transformer" is used only once in the entire film - when a
character ascribes an explosion and power failure to "a blown
transformer".

Plausibility:0 Coolness:10 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:0

29: Daft Punk (in their feature film Electroma)

Two robots drive through the Southwestern American landscape in a 1987
Ferrari 412 that doesn't transform into anything.

Plausibility: 1 Coolness: 10 Dangerousness: 0 Comedy Value:10

28: Bishop (Aliens)

"Well, that explains it then. The A2s always were a bit twitchy. That
could never happen now with our behavioral inhibitors. It is
impossible for me to harm or by omission of action, allow to be
harmed, a human being"

Plausibility:6 Coolness:7 Dangerousness:7 Comedy Value:1

27: Ash (Alien) - Warning: Gruesome clip

Ash's 'blood' is mixed water and food colouring. Milk could not used
in large quantities as it would have soured under the hot studio
lights, although a small amount is used for close-ups of his inner
workings - together with a mixture of pasta and marbles.

Plausibility:6 Coolness:5 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:1

26: Max (The Black Hole)

The robot name "V.I.N.CENT" is supposed to be an acronym of "Vital
Information Necessary CENTralized". B.O.B.'s name stands for "BiO-
sanitation Battalion," while S.T.A.R.'s is an acronym for "Special
Troops/Arms Regiment. No-one knows what Max stands for.

Plausibility:4 Coolness:5 Dangerousness:9 Comedy Value:4

25: Terminator Series 1000 (Terminator 2)

The groundbreaking computer-aided visual effects used in Terminator 2
to create the T-1000 won the Oscar for Visual Effects.

Plausibility: 2 Coolness: 9 Dangerousness 10 Comedy Value: 1

24: V-Ger (Star Trek the Motion Picture)

Towards the end of the film V'ger is revealed to be a radically
enhanced version of the unmanned scientific probe Voyager 6, which was
part of the Voyager program, and 'launched in the "twentieth
century'.

Plausibility: 10 Coolness: 0 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value:2

23: Data (Star Trek franchise)

"0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity"

Plausibility:4 Coolness: 7 Dangerousness:2 Comedy Value:10

22: Fembots (Austin Powers franchise)

The Fembots' lethal brassiere is based on one worn by Ursula Andress
in cult Italian sci-fi movie 'The 10th Victim'

Plausibility: 1 Coolness: 8 Dangerousness: 4 Comedy Value:10

21: Claire Wellington (The Stepford Wives)

"I asked myself, 'Where would people never notice a town full of
robots?'"

Plausibility: 7 Coolness: 6 Dangerousness: 8 Comedy Value :2

20: Dewey (Silent Running )

In the film, the three drones are named after Donald Duck's nephews,
Huey, Louie and Dewey.

Plausibility: 7 Coolness: 2 Dangerousness: 8 Comedy Value :6

19: Box (Logan's Run)

"Welcome Humans! I am ready for you"

Plausibility:6 Coolness:3 Dangerousness:6 Comedy Value:8

18: Marvin (Hitchikers' guide to the galaxy)

"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"

Plausibility: 1 Coolness: 8 Dangerousness: 4 Comedy Value:10

17: Gigolo Joe (A.i)

"Patricia... once you've had a lover-robot you'll never want a real
man again"

Plausibility: 7 Coolness: 9 Dangerousness: 5 Comedy Value: 3

16: Robbie the Robot (Forbidden Planet inter alia)

Uniquely, for a movie robot, Robbie had a long and varied career
beyond Forbidden Planet, appearing in many popular US TV series such
as "The Thin Man", "Lost in Space", "The Twilight Zone", "The Addams
Family", "The Love Boat", "Columbo", "Mork and Mindy", and, most
recently, "Clueless".

Plausibility:5 Coolness:6 Dangerousness:6 Comedy Value:7

15:Mechagodzilla (Gojira tai Mekagojira)

Essentially a gigantic dinosaur-shaped Terminator, Mechagodzilla first
appears in a false Godzilla 'skin' before it is burned off in battle
to reveal his true shiny chromium form.

Plausibility: 1 Coolness: 5 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 8

14: The Gunslinger (Westworld)

Michael Crichton's inspiration for Westworld was the original
animatronic Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Plausibility:6 Coolness:7 Dangerousness: 9 Comedy Value:3

13: Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still)

The actor inside the seamless suit was Lock Martin, the doorman from
Grauman's Chinese Theatre, chosen for his great height., Unfortunately
he was not a particularly strong man and had to rely on hidden wires
camera dollies, and lightweight dummies to help him in scenes where
Gort was called upon to carry a human being.

Plausibility:6 Coolness:10 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value:0

12: Droideka Droids (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)

The Droideka can fire up to 240 dual blasts a minute (unless their
blaster arms get too hot)

Plausibility:8 Coolness: 8 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value:0

11: R2-D2 (Star Wars franchise)

"Your droids! We don't serve their kind here!"

Plausibility:5 Coolness:10 Dangerousness:2 Comedy Value: 10

10: The Sentinels (X-Men 3)

In the third and perhaps final X-Men movie, the fan favourites are
inserted in a 'virtual reality' cameo role.

Plausibility:9 Coolness:9 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:0

9: Sonny (I-Robot)

Detective: "Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a canvas
into a beautiful masterpiece?"

Sonny: "Can you?"

Plausibility: 7 Coolness: 7 Dangerousness:7 Comedy Value:7

8: Evil Bill & Ted (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey )

"Okay, dudes... oh I mean fellow policemen. my son Ted Theodore Logan,
and his friend Bill S. Preston ESQ. have been murdered and replaced by
evil robots from the future"

Plausibility:0 Coolness:9 Dangerousness:9 Comedy Value:9

7: ABC Warriors (Judge Dredd)

"Status? Commander? Mission?"

Plausibility: 8 Coolness: 9 Dangerousness: 8 Comedy Value: 3

6: Swarms of robot spiders (Lost In Space)

The spiders are nameless aggressors, but the robot in the original
series did have a (rarely-mentioned) name: in the third-season of the
parent TV show it was shown in its packing crate, and the crate was
labelled "ONE General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental ROBOT" with
the G, U, N, T, E, and all letters in "ROBOT" in red capital letters,
while all the other letters were black; suggesting the acronym
"GUNTER"

Plausibility: 9 Coolness: 10 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 0

5: ED 209 (Robocop)

"Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply"

Plausibility: 9 Coolness:9 Dangerousness:10 Comedy Value:1

4: SID 6.7 (Virtuosity)

"Just because I'm carrying the joy of killing your family inside me
doesn't mean we can't be friends"

Plausibility: 10 Coolness: 10 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 0

3:Kitt (Knight Rider)

David Hasselhoff and William Daniels (voice of K.I.T.T.) first met at
a Christmas party six months after 'Knight Rider' started shooting.

Plausibility: 10 Coolness: 8 Dangerousness: 6 Comedy Value: 8

2: HAL9000 (2001, A Space Odyssey)

"I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid
that's something I cannot allow to happen"

Plausibility: 10 Coolness: 8 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 5

1: Terminator Series 800/Model 101 (The Terminator)

O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the Terminator, but the
producers thought he might be "too nice" to be taken seriously as a
cold-blooded killer

Plausibility:5 Coolness: 11 Dangerousness: 10 Comedy Value: 9
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-06 21:40:38 UTC
"Fred Goodwin, CMA" <***@yahoo.com> writes:

No replicators, and no Hymie. This list bites.

Also, it's not a "movie" list. *
like corkscrews.
C.O.Jones
2007-08-06 22:23:17 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
No replicators, and no Hymie. This list bites.
Also, it's not a "movie" list. *
Any one can make up a "List" If I were going for BEST movie robots, it
would be a lot shorter than 50, and not chosen for how realistic or
comedic they may be.
--
////////// \\\\\\\\\\\
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
-- Harlan Ellison
jayembee
2007-08-07 00:11:43 UTC
Post by C.O.Jones
Any one can make up a "List" If I were going for BEST movie
robots, it would be a lot shorter than 50,
My first reaction on seeing the subject line was "There are
that many *good* movie robots, let alone *best* ones?"

I suspect that they assembled a list of robots, decided how
many they could manage to say *something* good about, and
went with that.
Post by C.O.Jones
and not chosen for how realistic or comedic they may be.
I think comedic quality has its place. PV mentions Hymie,
whose value is completely comedic. I'm not sure that
"plausibility" was a worthwhile criterion, though.

-- jayembee
lurkinghorror
2007-08-07 16:54:06 UTC
Post by jayembee
Post by C.O.Jones
Any one can make up a "List" If I were going for BEST movie
robots, it would be a lot shorter than 50,
My first reaction on seeing the subject line was "There are
that many *good* movie robots, let alone *best* ones?"
I suspect that they assembled a list of robots, decided how
many they could manage to say *something* good about, and
went with that.
That sounds about right. Somebody wanted to do a list.
Post by jayembee
Post by C.O.Jones
and not chosen for how realistic or comedic they may be.
I think comedic quality has its place. PV mentions Hymie,
whose value is completely comedic.
One of the robots on my list would have been "Danger, Will Robinson,"
but not because he was comedic, but because he looked great.
Post by jayembee
I'm not sure that
"plausibility" was a worthwhile criterion, though.
Not even. If the robot is there, and looks good as a robot,
plausibility is a moot point. Besides, its science fiction.

And where was the robot from The Iron Giant, anyway?
--
In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like
these.
-- Paul Harvey
jayembee
2007-08-14 04:11:04 UTC
in
* its draft report to Congress in June 1993 a "Deposit Tracking
* System" (DTS) that would also track deposits to, or withdrawals
* from, U.S. bank accounts in real time. FinCen is the Financial
* Crimes Enforcement Network agency.

# Privacy Journal, By Robert Ellis Smith, January 1989 issue
#
# Al Bayse, Assistant Director of the FBI, said the FBI has developed an
# artificial intelligence system, called Big Floyd, that can analyze
# thousands of disparate financial transactions and establish links
# between seemingly unconnected suspects.
#
# The same artificial intelligence methodology will be used to establish
# links in terrorism, white-collar crime, intelligence breaches, and violent
# crimes with common clues or techniques.

Cybernetic control of society.

Everything on-line and monitored in real-time.

: From: "EPIC-News" <epic-***@epic.org>
: Date: 05 Jun 1997 19:01:58 -0400
: Subject: EPIC: Clinton Endorses Privacy Rights
:
: In a commencement address at Morgan State University on May 18,
: President Clinton called privacy "one of our most cherished freedoms"
: and said that technology should not "break down the wall of privacy and
: autonomy free citizens are guaranteed in a free society."

Is President Clinton being honest?

He supports Clipper III and ECHELON's legal domestic extension CALEA.

The Washington Post, July 7, 1996: the Clinton Administration has sharply
increased use of Federal telephone wiretaps and other electronic surveillance
and officials estimate it will continue to grow.

What do you think?

Whitfield Diffie, Distinguished Engineer---Security at Sun Microsystems:

"An essential element of freedom is the right to privacy, a right that
cannot be expected to stand against an unremitting technological attack."

One cannot come up with a more 'unremitting technological
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-06 22:31:51 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
No replicators, and no Hymie. This list bites.
Doesn't look like there's a Hymie in the new movie either, despite
having THE ROCK in the cast.
Post by pv+ (PV)
Also, it's not a "movie" list. *
There's that.
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-07 15:42:17 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Doesn't look like there's a Hymie in the new movie either, despite
having THE ROCK in the cast.
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
like corkscrews.
George Peatty
2007-08-07 16:09:50 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
The reviews are already written: "The Old Lets Make A Sequel of an Iconic
TV Series and Really Mess It Up Gambit" and "Missed It By *That* Much! .."
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-07 17:06:48 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
The reviews are already written: "The Old Lets Make A Sequel of an Iconic
TV Series and Really Mess It Up Gambit" and "Missed It By *That* Much! .."
Also "Sorry about that bad movie, chief". *
like corkscrews.
lurkinghorror
2007-08-07 17:09:58 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
The reviews are already written: "The Old Lets Make A Sequel of an Iconic
TV Series and Really Mess It Up Gambit" and "Missed It By *That* Much! .."
They are using Steve Carell from The Office. I'm not saying it will
work, but he IS the most likely fit that I can think of.
-- Paul Harvey
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-07 21:24:20 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
The reviews are already written: "The Old Lets Make A Sequel of an Iconic
TV Series and Really Mess It Up Gambit" and "Missed It By *That* Much! .."
And that's the GOOD review!
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-08 01:02:54 UTC
Post by George Peatty
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
The reviews are already written: "The Old Lets Make A Sequel of an Iconic
TV Series and Really Mess It Up Gambit" and "Missed It By *That* Much! .."
with a side of "the theaters should supply a cone of silence to block
out the inane dialog" and "I never thought I'd be relieved at the
audience's shoe phones drowning out the actors"
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 06:19:20 UTC
Means a Constant State of War

The politics of war, and the Orwellian tactics employed by
by the U.S. Government to control its citizens.

o Part 4: Why unlimited cryptography must be legislated NOW

In additional to the reasons given in the previous sections,
the 'debate' reasons constantly given by the government
are reviewed and debunked. And our nation's experts say it
will hurt security. The GAO says the same thing.

o Part 5: There is no part five.

o Part 6: Louis Freeh & The Creeping Police State

Basically, Louis Freeh is the anti-Christ leading us to Hell.
National ID cards are effectively being implemented without
needing to issue cards. The U.S. Government is trying to
monitor all phone calls and banking transactions, and have
all equipment worldwide designed for their monitoring. They
are bent on controlling the world to the point of there being
no crime left on the planet. Of course, democracy destroye
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-07 21:24:02 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
Doesn't look like there's a Hymie in the new movie either, despite
having THE ROCK in the cast.
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
You didn't know about this?

Steve Carrel is Max, who isn't an agent, he's a book keeper or something
and Kaos finds the list of REAL agents so they press him into service.

With a young 99 because she's had a ton of plastic surgery (no, they
didn't get Charlize Theron like they should have) and no Admiral, even
though William Schallert is actually the right age now, and no Hymie,
even though The Rock is in it as a Control agent.

The shows fans have been howling for months.

:(
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-08 16:52:39 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
You didn't know about this?
No, I don't follow the industry that closely.
Post by Anim8rFSK
The shows fans have been howling for months.
Sigh. *
like corkscrews.
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-09 02:15:26 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by pv+ (PV)
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
You didn't know about this?
No, I don't follow the industry that closely.
Count your blessings.
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
The shows fans have been howling for months.
Sigh.
There's that. In my defense, they'd been howling for months and setting
up web sites before I ever heard about it. :)
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
David B
2007-08-08 21:00:59 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
Doesn't look like there's a Hymie in the new movie either, despite
having THE ROCK in the cast.
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
You didn't know about this?
Steve Carrel is Max, who isn't an agent, he's a book keeper or something
and Kaos finds the list of REAL agents so they press him into service.
In the movie Smart is a intelligence analyst for Control. So he's sort of a
comedic version of Jack Ryan.
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-09 02:14:36 UTC
Post by David B
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
Doesn't look like there's a Hymie in the new movie either, despite
having THE ROCK in the cast.
Oh good lord, they're making a Get Smart movie? There is nobody on earth
that can fill Don Adams' shoe phones. *
You didn't know about this?
Steve Carrel is Max, who isn't an agent, he's a book keeper or something
and Kaos finds the list of REAL agents so they press him into service.
In the movie Smart is a intelligence analyst for Control. So he's sort of a
comedic version of Jack Ryan.
ah. Thanks.
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 04:47:46 UTC
people to get a "social security" number was
* about CONTROL, not "protecting" us. Who is in control now? (Did you
* know you are not REQUIRED to have or use a social security number by ANY
* law?)
*
* Being required to pay money to the state for these licenses means
* that licensing is also another form of TAX. Did YOU get to vote on
* whether the police could "require" you to give up your fingerprints and
* private information or put any of that on a "license" in a bar-code, or
* put it in their computers? NO? Neither did the Alabama legislature.
* THAT IS TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.
*
* If DPS gets by with this, the information on your driver's license
* will be "scanned" into a computer and stored. The police can find out
* anyplace you use your driver's license -- where you bank, how often,
* where you shop, what you buy, where you go -- anyplace your driver's
* license is used for "i.d." and is "scanned". Every store you do
* business with can ALSO store all this information about you on THEIR
* computers, wherever you use your driver's license. It has nothing to do
* with driving or "making the roads safe." It has EVERYTHING to do with
* making it easy for police and others to spy on you and control you.
*
* The same company making the national I.D. card for Communist China
* will be providing the technology to Alabama to make this happen. Seven
* months ago, the laboratory that makes the equipment for the
* fingerprinting, barcoding and scanning, brazenly announced it has a
* contract with the State of Alabama, and only recently, has the WHOLE
* truth, about DPS's plan to require the finge
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 06:35:18 UTC
program are to be used on
* victimized citizens.
*
* Operation Phoenix, during the Vietnam conflict, was responsible for the
* arrest, incarceration, torture and murder of over 50,000 innocent civilians.
*
* The CIA and U.S. Army acclaimed it a success and a model for future "human
* pacification" programs.

* http://ursula.blythe.org/NameBase
*
* Valentine, Douglas. The Phoenix Program. New York: William Morrow, 1990.
* 479 pages.
*
* Operation Phoenix
*
* Along with saturation bombing of civilian populations, Operation Phoenix
* has to rate as America's most atrocious chapter in the Vietnam War.
*
* Between 1967 to 1973 an estimated 40,000 Vietnamese were killed by CIA-
* sponsored "counterterror" and "hunter-killer" teams, and hundreds of
* thousands were sent to secret interrogation centers.
*
* William Colby's records show 20,587 dead between 1968 and 1971, though he
* likes to believe that most were killed in military combat and afterwards
* identified as part of
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 05:20:03 UTC
New Zealand, Hong Kong...
]
# 4) hereby decides that informal talks with the above-named countries may
# be envisaged: to that end the Presidency and the expert group might,
# for example, organize a meeting with those third countries to exchange
# information.
*
*
* Further memorandums state:
*
* There is a need to introduce international interception standards
* and "norms" for the telecommunications industry for carrying out
* interception orders in order to fight organized crime and for the
* protection of national security.
*
* Interception of telecommunications should reach all the way down
* to the design stage of the equipment.
*
* The next generation of satellite-based telecommunications systems
* should be able to "tag" each individual subscriber in view of a
* possibly necessary surveillance activity. All the new systems have
* to have the capability to place all individuals under surveillance.
*
HA Unfortunately, initial contacts with various consortia...has met with
HA the most diverse reactions, ranging from great willingness to
HA cooperate on the one hand, to an almost total refusal even to discuss
HA the question.
*
* It is very urgent for governments and/or legislative institutions to
* make the new consortia aware of their duties. The government will
* also have to create new regulations for international cooperation
* so that the necessary surveillance will be able to operate.

# "Made in America?", Wired Magazine, June 1997
#
# Japan's Justice Ministry is rallying support for an anticrime bill that
# would give police extensive wiretap powers---a major departure given the
# country's constitutional guarantees for "secrecy of any means of communi-
# cations." According to activist Toshimaru Ogura, Japanese cops are
# modeling their proposals on US
David B
2007-08-14 05:27:14 UTC
political discourse.

On 6/26/97, CDA was ruled unconstitutional 7-2 by the Supreme Court.

----

Predatory behavior.

* The New York Times, April 19, 1992
*
* The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, overturned the conviction of a
* Nebraska farmer on charges of receiving child pornography. The only
* pornography the government found was the one item it sent him, "Boys
* Who Love Boys".
*
* It took the government over two years of solicitation to get him to
* order it; he says he didn't know it was illegal.
*
* Among other things, the government said he should order if he 'believes
* in the joy of sex'.
*
* He then heard from yet another Government creation, "Heartland
* Institute for a New Tomorrow" (HINT), which proclaimed that:
*
* o "We are an organization founded to protect and promote sexual freedom and
* freedom of choice. We believe that arbitrarily imposed legislative
* sanctions restricting your sexual freedom should be rescinded through
* the legislative process."
*
* o "Not only sexual expression but freedom of the press is under attack.
* We must be ever vigilant [503 U.S. 545] to counter-attack right wing
* fundamentalists who are determined to curtail our freedoms."
*
* o "As many of you know, much hysterical nonsense has appeared in the
* American media concerning "pornography" and what must be done to stop
* it from coming across your borders. This brief letter does not allow
* us to give much comments; however, why is your government spending
* millions of dollars to exercise international
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 05:58:15 UTC
can ALSO access that big computer database, too, don't
* you?
[
Charles R. Smith, SOFTWAR, http://www.us.net/softwar:
Department of Motor Vehicle computer systems are required to be up and
available 24 hours a day for access by the FBI's National Crime
Information Center (NCIC). This is the one used by all local police
in their cars when they pull you over.
]
* Originally the government told us that the law requiring us to get a
* driver's licenses was to "protect" us, to make sure people could drive.
*
* Now we know better. For example, as long as the government calls you a
* "deadbeat dad," it can "revoke" your driver's license. What does this
* have to do with making the roads safe? Nothing. Licensing isn't about
* "protecting" us from anything, it is about CONTROLLING us. Our
* "servants" have become dictators.
*
* In a FREE COUNTRY, the public servants do not dictate to the people.
* Folks, we ARE NOT FREE.
*
* Remember the lie about Social Security numbers? They were supposedly
* "for our good," too, just to insure that we were signed up in the social
* security program for our retirement in years to come, right? The old
* cards said, "Not for identification purposes." Now, you can't get a
* BANK ACCOUNT without one, and your money and financial transactions are
* reported to goons and thugs at the IRS who are happy to steal money from
* grandmothers. In fact, the IRS can get your bank records WITHOUT YOUR
* PERMISSION.
[
: ftp ftp.fourmilab.ch, cd /pub/kelvin/documents, get unicard.doc
For more than a decade, the United States Internal Revenue Service
has allowed taxpayers with only regular wage income and the
standard deduction to simply sign their return and have the IRS
calculate the tax. With increased reporting of all financial
transactions to the IRS by banks, stockbrokers, mutual funds, real
estate titl
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 07:24:49 UTC
spying capability
provided by the ECHELON system.

The first is that the magnitude of the global network is a product of
decades of intense Cold War activity. Yet with the end of the Cold War
it has not been demobilized and budgets have not been significantly cut.

Indeed the network has grown in power and reach. Yet the public
justifications, for example that 'economic intelligence is now more
important', do not even begin to explain why this huge spy system
should be maintained. In the early 1980s the Cold War rhetoric was
extreme and global war was seriously discussed and planned for.

In the 1990s, the threat of global war has all but disappeared and
none of the allies faces the remotest serious military threat.

The second point about the ECHELON capabilities is that large parts of the
system, while hiding behind the Cold War for their justification, were
never primarily about the Cold War at all.

The UKUSA alliance did mount massive operations against the Soviet Union
and other 'communists', but other elements of the worldwide system, such
as the interception of Intelsat communications, microwave networks and
many regional satellites, were not aimed primarily at the Russians, the
Iraqis or the North Koreans.

Then, and now, they are targeting groups which do not pose any physical
threat to the UKUSA allies at all.

But they are ideal to use against political opponents, economic competitors,
countries where the allies may want to gain some advantage (especially
access to cheap resources) and administrations (like Nicaragua's Sandinista
government) which do
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 15:20:15 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
spying capability
provided by the ECHELON system.
snip

And, the fake postings begin . . .
--
"It's still soccer."
-- William December Starr
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 19:20:31 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Anim8rFSK
spying capability
provided by the ECHELON system.
snip
And, the fake postings begin . . .
Do NOT respond to the sporgeries. That's what the spammer wants. His own
posts are easily filtered - the manual responses are more difficult, and
they're counting on people doing hard to clean up pollution of the groups
by responding to the posts.

Oddly, these weren't crossposted to sci.crypt - instead you dumped a
message into 4 newsgroups. Stop that! *
like corkscrews.
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 19:40:35 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Anim8rFSK
spying capability
provided by the ECHELON system.
snip
And, the fake postings begin . . .
Do NOT respond to the sporgeries. That's what the spammer wants. His own
posts are easily filtered - the manual responses are more difficult, and
they're counting on people doing hard to clean up pollution of the groups
by responding to the posts.
Oddly, these weren't crossposted to sci.crypt - instead you dumped a
message into 4 newsgroups. Stop that! *
Yeah, I saw that it wasn't sent to sci.crypt so I thought it was
something else. Bad me. No biscuit. I actually thought it might be
Troy, given the people they picked to spoof. But how are we filtering
him 'easily' if he isn't crossposting to sci.crypt?
--
"It's still soccer."
-- William December Starr
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 20:36:24 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Troy, given the people they picked to spoof. But how are we filtering
him 'easily' if he isn't crossposting to sci.crypt?
All of them are coming from the same news source. Apparently, whoever
planned this mess got the idea that we were all going to toss posts with
sci.crypt in the newsgroups line, so randomly threw in a lot of random
newsgroups too.

But in typical pathetic fashion, they posted them all from the same news
server, and thus they can be whacked en masse by the path line. The
site is called news.suddenlink.net - putting that in a path: line filter
seems to work well as a cleanup. *
like corkscrews.
lurkinghorror
2007-08-14 04:57:56 UTC
scam never made it
* into law. Sadly, few of the complainers were upset about the potential
* for abuse by Big Brother.
*
* Shortly after being elected, one Clinton advisor promoting the biochip
* 'mark' is Dr. Mary Jane England, a member of Hillary Clinton's ill-fated
* socialized, national healthcare initiative. Addressing a conference
* sponsored by computer giant IBM [IBM's Lotus division takes hand biometrics
* of employees who use their childcare facilities] in Palm Springs,
* California, in 1994, England not only endorsed the proposed mandatory
* national I.D. smart card, but went one scary step further:
*
* The smart card is a wonderful idea, but even better would be the
* capacity to not have a card, and I call it "a chip in your ear,"
* that would actually access your medical records, so that no matter
* where you were, even if you came into an emergency room unconscious,
* we would have some capacity to access that medical record.
*
* We need to go beyond the narrow conceptualization of the smart card
* and really use some of the technology that's out there.
*
* California Governor Pete Wilson has actively stumped for a National I.D.
* Card system, using the straw man of California's pervasive immigration
* problem. California Senators Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer support
* it too. The latest proposal is to mandate I.D. cards for all school
* children under the Goals 2000 national education program. Another plan
* by the U.S. Labor De
George Peatty
2007-08-14 07:08:03 UTC
notified that the Haverford Township police will destroy
the property they seized from him last year unless he picks it up by
Friday, January 19.
The prison itself was built right after the Civil War. There are tons of
roaches and graffiti in all the cells which dates back to the fifties
- the last time it was painted. There are 1200 inmates.
Currently Cummings is imprisoned in the maximum wing of the prison where
people with the highest bail are kept. He's with murderers and rapists.
Conditions are appalling. One of the prisoners is on death row - his name
is Joseph Henry and he bit off a woman's nipples and clitoris before
strangling her with a slinky. These are the kinds of people the Secret
Service has condemned Cummings to be with.
Wow.

Pretty heavy for taking batteries out of a dialer.

This outcome is ENTIRELY DUE TO THE SECRET SERVICE.

Specifically: Special Slime Agent Thomas L. Varney, 215/597-0600 main# in PA.

Next, Ed Cummings is sentenced for taking batteries out of a tone dialer,
Throughout the hearing, the main issue was whether or not Cummings was a
threat to the c
George Peatty
2007-08-14 18:30:59 UTC
Wow.
Wow is right. 'Twould appear I've acquired either a sock puppet, or
Alzheimer's, because this George Peatty is not the one who wrote the post above
..
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 04:18:14 UTC
capabilities into the
* digital era.
*
* And the Cellular Telephone Industry Association said the FBI wanted to
* monitor 103,190 cellular calls simultaneously nationwide.
*
* Lawyers for AT&T Wireless Services said, "The numbers alone are astounding."
*
* "This is kind of scary," said Tom Wheeler, CTIA president. "What does
* the FBI know about our future that we don't?"

----

You cannot assign people one-to-one to control everyone in a society.
But you can control society in a HIGHLY effective way using cybernetics,
and do so COST EFFECTIVELY.

That's one of the things CALEA is about, cost effectiveness of maintaining
the spying infrastructure when there are so many companies, new technologies,
so many different data formats.

I wrote 6502 assembler code for an SMDR unit (Station Message Detail
Recording), which is a computer that monitors phone call logs and attaches to
a PBX within a company and can generate long-distance expense reports by
department, person, etc. We had to write a different program interface for
every damn PBX manufacturer. The data format was different for each.

NSA's spying operations are so massive and all encompassing, and the
maintenance burden for interfacing to all the latest equipment now so high,
that they have had to come out in the open and lie lie lie to get CALEA.

We need CALEA to prevent crime and catch terrorists like a hole in the head.

----

At the same time Stafford Beer was trying to get a grip on the Chilean
economy, the U.S. was trying to destroy it.
Eric D. Berge
2007-08-06 23:27:29 UTC
Post by pv+ (PV)
No replicators, and no Hymie. This list bites.
You're telling me.

I notice Gort is substantially outranked by Kitt, of Night Rider fame,
which says something about the criteria for "best".
Forge
2007-08-07 00:18:35 UTC
And no Bareass Naked Replicator Samantha Carter either.
Forge
2007-08-14 08:02:28 UTC
Health Board would establish "national, unique identifier numbers"
* for every single one of us.
*
* Fortunately, President Bill Clinton's healthcare scam never made it
[...]
* by the U.S. Labor Department would have required it for all users of a
* National Job Training and Employment database.
*
* George Orwell, in 1984, his classic novel of Big Brother and a coming
Eric D. Berge
2007-08-14 04:28:00 UTC
to the Government
* Market Services Division, federal agencies will spend 5.5 billion
* dollars on law enforcement technology between 1995 and 1999...
*
* The common link between in these programs is to build an information
* substructure: A WEB OF CONNECTED DATABASES AND HIGH SPEED NETWORKS
* THAT WILL MAKE DATA INSTANTLY AVAILABLE TO FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL
* LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS.
*
* The federal government's goal is to BRING RANDOM PIECES OF DATA
* TOGETHER TO GET A MORE COMPLETE PICTURE---WHAT SOME CALL INTELLIGENCE.

Wow. All federal agencies will be linked together in a vast intelligence
network. Handheld fingerprint devices will be deployed. Obviously.

They are working around the limitations Congress wanted on NCIC 2000.

And how much hardware is a handheld fingerprint device?

* "Lucent in New Identification Joint Venture"
* The New York Times, 5/22/97
*
* Lucent Technologies [Bell Labs is their research and development arm] and
* U.S. Venture Partners said today that they had formed a company that would
* make products to help people prove their identities through electronic
* fingerprinting technology.
*
* The first product of the company, Veridicom Inc., will be a postage-size
* fingerprint sensor used to retrieve information, authorize purchases or
* allow entry into restricted areas.
*
* The postage-size sensor will measure the ridges and valleys on the skin
* when a finger is pressed against a silicon chip, and then check the
* measurements against the user's profile.

Not big at all, is it?
Mike Stone
2007-08-07 09:55:47 UTC
"Fred Goodwin, CMA" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:***@d30g2000prg.googlegroups
.com...
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
Family", "The Love Boat", "Columbo", "Mork and
Mindy", and, most
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
recently, "Clueless".
And a 1950s B-movie "The Invisible Boy", in which he
has somehow got back to the 20th century and then been
left to gather dust until the kid accidentally
reactivates him.
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
Plausibility:5 Coolness:6 Dangerousness:6 Comedy
Value:7
--
Mike Stone - Peterborough, England

My father rode a camel.
I drive a Rolls-Royce.
My son flies a jet aircraft.
My grandson will ride a camel.

Saudi Arabian proverb.
jc
2007-08-07 15:23:53 UTC
Steven L.
2007-08-07 18:45:43 UTC
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
The 50 best movie robots
<http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/
film/article2133609.ece>http://tinyurl.com/3b7bo2
Gort all the way down at 13 !?!?!? Please!
Also, if they're allowed to call Hal9000 a "robot", then
that Colossus (from "The Forbin Project") also belongs on the
list, not to mention the "house" that knocked up Julie
Christie in "The Demon Seed", and probably "M5" from
Star Trek.
If "M5" from Star Trek qualifies, then Nomad from Star Trek qualifies
even more:

"Non sequitur. Your thoughts are uncoordinated."
--
Steven L.
Email: ***@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
jayembee
2007-08-07 19:04:55 UTC
Gort all the way down at 13 !?!?!? Please!
Even worse is Maria (from METROPOLIS) at #38.

-- jayembee
lurkinghorror
2007-08-07 22:07:12 UTC
Post by jayembee
Gort all the way down at 13 !?!?!? Please!
Even worse is Maria (from METROPOLIS) at #38.
I would have put her WAY near the top, perhaps even at #1. Probably
sharing it with Robby from Forbidden Planet.
-- Paul Harvey
lurkinghorror
2007-08-14 04:59:35 UTC
constitutionally protected
* freedom of speech.
*
* Oliver Revell, the FBI's executive assistant director, said that the
* FBI did not investigate CISPES because of its political activities,
* but for a "wide range of possible crimes."

% The New York Times, Thursday, February 4, 1988
% "Reagan Backs FBI Over Surveillance"
%
% President Reagan is satisfied that the Federal Bureau of Investigation
% conducted a proper surveillance campaign against groups opposed to his
% policies in Central America, the White House said today.
%
% The new FBI Director William S. Sessions assured Reagan that there was
% a solid basis for the investigation: "We knew CISPES was established
% from funding by the Communist Party, U.S.A."

Well, Reagan didn't like a peaceful Texas based group called CISPES, which
was against the United States' support of the El Salvador government.

The El Salvador government was torturing and killing people.

* "Officers held in Salvador Abductions", By James LeMoyne, NYT, 4/25/86
*
* One of those arrested was accused of killing the head of the Salvadoran
* Land Reform Institute and two AMERICAN agrarian advisors.

So the FBI had one of their agents infiltrate CISPES using a Frank
Varelli, who was born in San Salvador and served in the U.S. Army.

# "How the FBI infiltrated CISPES and Assisted the Salvadoran Right Wing"
# By James Ridgeway, The Village Voice, NYC
#
# Varelli met with the Salvadoran Nationa
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-07 21:21:32 UTC
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
The 50 best movie robots
<http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts and entertainment/
film/article2133609.ece>http://tinyurl.com/3b7bo2
Gort all the way down at 13 !?!?!? Please!
Also, if they're allowed to call Hal9000 a "robot", then
that Colossus (from "The Forbin Project") also belongs on the
list, not to mention the "house" that knocked up Julie
Christie in "The Demon Seed", and probably "M5" from
Star Trek.
Speaking of Star Trek, what about Ruk from "What
are Little Girls Made of?" for sheer bad-assedness?
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ruk
Hey, forget Ruk -- give me Andrea from the same episode.

"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
Echinos
2007-08-10 15:58:41 UTC
<snip>

One word:

Astroboy.
Echinos
2007-08-14 04:27:44 UTC
* or computer supplemented."
[snip]
*
* The FBI's Rapid Prototyping Facility (RPF) is a laboratory and factory
* dedicated to the design and manufacture of "unique miniaturized devices in
* direct support of various investigative efforts" of the "FBI and other
* members of the U.S. law enforcement community."
*
* Operated jointly by the FBI and the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research
* Projects Agency (DARPA, creators of the Internet), the FBI facility was
* created to allow the bureau "to use computer-aided design, engineering
* and manufacturing of tools and equipment (software and firmware
* respectively) to design, simulate, and fabricate integrated circuits,
* printed circuit boards, electronic components, packages, systems and
* concealments in a quick turnaround cost-effective manner."
*
* Among the facilities advantages are speed "through the use of laser
* restructuring, high-density interconnect, and reverse milling capability,"
* and a capability "to produce an integrated microphone ('microphone on a
* chip') in a single design/fabrication process."
*
* For many years, the FBI had been placing secret microphones on street-
* lamps, telephone poles, parking meters and empty automobiles parked near
* locations where its targets sometimes strolled. Such an outdoor array
* of surveillance devices planted near the Mulberry Street headquarters
* of John Gotti, for example, was an important weapon on the FBI's long
* and event
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 06:22:19 UTC
*
* Due to their new 'Mexicanization policy':
* Mexico became the main gateway into the United States for illegal
* narcotics, with the amount of cocaine making the journey climbing to
* an estimated 210 tons last year.
*
* Mexico's drug arrests plunged nearly 65 percent, from 27,369 the year
* before the policy changes to 9,728 last year, according to data that
* the Mexican government supplied to the State Department.
*
* Cocaine seizures in Mexico were cut in half, dropping from more than
* 50 tons in 1993 to slightly more than 24 tons in each of the last two
* years -- the smallest amounts since 1988, Mexican government figures
* show.
*
* The GAO report charges that Mexico's greatest problem is, in
* fact, the "widespread, endemic corruption" throughout its law
* enforcement agencies. Earlier this month, in an indictment of his own
* department, Attorney General Lozano fired 737 members of his federal
* police force -- 17 percent of his entire corps -- saying they did not
* have "the ethical profile" required for the job. In a recent meeting
* with foreign reporters, Lozano said it could take 15 years to clean up
* the force.
*
* In November 1993, President Clinton signed Presidential Decision Directive
* No. 14, shifting U.S. anti-drug efforts away from intercepting cocaine as
* it passed through Mexico and the Caribbean, and, instead, attacking the
* drug supply at its sources in Colombia, Bolivia and Peru.

The President himself ordered them to stop checking!!! This is in the same
leadership vein as Reagan declaring himself a "Contra".

And why did President Clinton change strategy?

He didn't have much choice. The Mexicans didn't want to work with us anymore.

We greatly pissed them off. U.S. law enforcement literally knows no limits.

* The United States subsequently arranged for a Mexican doctor involved
* in a murder, Humberto Alvarez Machain, to be kidnapped from Mexico and
* spirited to the United St
Steven L.
2007-08-14 05:26:48 UTC
is primarily a law enforcement issue, they're smoking wacky
* tabacky."

Tell all the damn manipulative politicians.

Jail's not even cost effective.

* RAND Study Finds Mandatory Minimums Cost-Ineffective
* ----------------------------------------------------
*
* Excerpt from RAND Press Release:
*
* Washington, DC, May 12, 1997 -- If cutting drug consumption and
* drug-related crime are the nation's prime drug control
* objectives, then the mandatory minimum drug sentencing laws
* in force at the federal level and in most states are not the
* way to get there.
*
* This is the key finding of "Mandatory Minimum Drug
* Sentences: Throwing Away the Key or the Taxpayer's Money?",
* a new RAND study that provides the first quantitative
* analysis of how successful these measures are in achieving
* what Director Barry McCaffrey of the Office of National Drug
* Control Policy has called "our central purpose and mission -
* - reducing illicit drug use and its consequences."

In Florida, they charged a mother with delivering cocaine to her baby.
A problem with this is the mother-addict repeatedly applied for rehab
programs, but there were no available slots. Not enough funding.

Law enforcement drug hysteria. Decades of Drug War.

Those rumor-level stories about our government encouraging
drugs to reach the inner cities were weird.

Remember, we've been having a Drug War for four decades now.

I guess there is a certain logic to it. Obviously the government is into
hysteria on the matter: it is then possible that they would want to continue
having a drug problem so they could continue the hysteria.

Even the Attorney General was drooling
Steven L.
2007-08-07 18:50:56 UTC
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
[...]
Robby should have placed higher than 16th place.

The fact that Robby is one of the very few robots to actually have a
show biz career as a recurring "character actor" beyond Forbidden Planet
is enough to move Robby higher on this list. And the robot in "Lost in
Space" was obviously inspired by Robby; in fact Robby guest-starred in
an episode of that show. Robby was a tough act to follow.
--
Steven L.
Email: ***@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-07 21:25:36 UTC
Post by Steven L.
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
[...]
Same designer.
--
"No man ever notices a woman's shoes, unless they have boobs on them."
-- Mark Nobles
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-14 07:07:50 UTC
said, "Another important safeguard to the privacy of communications
! was the continuous review of NSA's activities by the Senate and House
! intelligence committees."

Congressional oversite in real-time was non-existent.

Remember Ronald "I am a Contra" Reagan?

# U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, March 13, 1987
#
# Dear [Guy],
#
# Your letter of February 25th in which you inquired about the
# association between Mr. Frank Varelli and the FBI has been received.
#
# An internal FBI inquiry is currently ongoing into the activities of
# an Agent associated with Mr. Varelli who left the FBI following an earlier
# administrative inquiry. For that reason, it would be premature at this
# point to respond to any questions concerning the matter.
#
# Sincerely,
#
# William M. Baker
# Assistant Director
# Office of Congressional and Public Affairs
#
# Bicentennial of the United States Constitution (1787-1987)

* [NJ] The Star-Ledger, Friday, January 29, 1988
*
* The documents, released Wednesday, showed that the original target of the
* FBI probe was CISPES, but that the investigation broadened to include
* more than 100 other groups that opposed Reagan administration policy in
* Nicaragua and El Salvador.
*
* Despite the long investigation, no criminal charges were ever brought
* against any of the groups or their members.
*
* An FBI statement issued Wednesday said the agency only investigated
* suspected crimes, not political beliefs or constitutionally protected
* freedom of speech.
*
Steven L.
2007-08-14 04:41:13 UTC
countries. Promoters of such systems envision
* information technology being applied to transportation systems in a
* variety of ways, primarily on public highways. Applications extend from
* wireless provision of traffic information to drivers to automatic
* toll-collection to law enforcement to totally automated vehicles.
*
* ITS may entail the collection of large amounts of information on the
* travels of particular people, for example through the automatic
* collection of tolls through road-side radio beacons that interact
* with transponders attached to individual cars.
*
* This information obviously invites a wide range of secondary uses, from
* law enforcement to targeted marketing to political repression. The rules
* governing the collection, dissemination, and protection of this
* information have not yet been settled, although the decision-making
* process is already fairly far along.
*
* If ITS lives up to the expectations of its developers then it will have
* implications for virtually everybody. Yet public awareness of ITS is very
* low, and awareness of the privacy issues in ITS is low even in the
* community of privacy advocates.

Could things possibly be on a worse track than they are now?

What is the government saying this is for?

In case the State of New York wants to drive to the State of California,
and be able to warn them that there is a traffic jam in the State of Georgia?

----

Time to get back to the Universal Biometrics / National ID Card.

Texe Marrs was a career Air Force officer who commanded a number of the NSA's
communications centers around th
jc
2007-08-14 06:25:21 UTC
a criminal even
though I LEGALLY own one.
***************** END OF JOBTALK EXCERPT *********************************

There was lots and lots of drinking/sex traffic.

: Did I tell you I slept with Fred on Christmas Eve!!!
:
: After work we had a couple bottles of red wine, and went to the karoke pub!!
: Anyway, after spending the evening there, I was hammered. I drank tons.
: After the last dance he dragged me outside and was trying to shag me
: against a car!!! I wasn't too impressed by that.
:
: I can't resist him though. We went to his friends house and the next thing
: I remember is waking up naked in bed with him!!!

: It's okay if your e-mails are shorter than mine. Size is important,
: and you TOTALLY pass THAT test, however, size of e-mails does not count.
I can't wait for this evening! I really hope I can lick your pussy
during the commute home. ;-)
I love eating you!!!
I have a hard-on right now!
umm, umm, your breasts and whipped cream...
One time I got curious enough to ask someone about them sending sexually
explicit traffic in the clear across the Internet.

It was someone using a back-and-forth style; one person does a few paragraphs
of a hot and heavy scenario between themselves and the other person. The
other person then picks up the thread for several more paragraphs...

I emailed the person, explained I was Internet security for the firm, and
said
Mike Stone
2007-08-14 04:29:28 UTC
of fill
* materials in sealed containers.

But no, massive monitoring of people suspected of no crime is the
appropriate response.

They were just warming us up for the CALEA telephone monitoring bill.

----

Here is part of the story on why we let trucks full of cocaine and
heroin just roll right into the United States.

* "Diminished U.S. Role Below Border Plays Into Traffickers' Hands"
*
* By Molly Moore and John Ward Anderson
* Washington Post Foreign Service
* Sunday, September 8 1996; Page A01
* The Washington Post
*
* department
pv+ (PV)
2007-08-14 05:59:55 UTC
----

Some people feel the smart card will quickly give away to implantable
biometric transponders. Once everyone is fingerprinted, you may as well!

Guess what?

They exist, and aren't that big:

* http://www.radioamerica.com/relevance/11-94.html
*
* Martin Anderson, former senior member of Ronald Reagan's Economic Policy
* Advisory Board fears that the advancing technology may soon end with,
* "all of us tagged like so many fish." Writing in the October 11th, 1993
* Washington Times he confirmed the drift toward human applications of the
* chip:
*
* You see there is an identification system made by
* the Hughes Aircraft Company that you can't lose.
*
* It's the syringe implantable transponder.
*
* According to promotional literature it is an
* "ingenious, safe, inexpensive, foolproof and
* permanent method of identification using radio
* waves. A tiny microchip, the size of a grain of
* rice, is simply placed under the skin. It is so
* designed as to be injected simultaneously with a
* vaccination or alone."
*
*
* When government technocrats want Americans to accept the unacceptable,
* they move slowly. In the case of reaching the ultimate goal of a universal
* system of personal identification, this introduction is likely to begin
* with the smartcard, and progress to non-implantable, bio-chips attached to
* the clothing or worn in bracelets.
*
* In Europe, this system has already been used at track and field events
* where the competitors wear the device attached to their jersey. This
* provides their coordinates during each event and can be used for the
* timing of races.
*
* Widespread use among sports figures could go a long
* way toward popularizing the chip among the young.
*
* According to microchip researcher Terry Cook, U.S. military recruits are
* also being introduced to the bracelet, just
Fred Goodwin, CMA
2007-08-14 07:59:39 UTC
he was accused of actually selling the
black box that allowed cellular phones to be cloned.
This was far more than Ed was ever accused of - he merely sold kits that
could be built into boxes. The man in Kentucky decided to fight the
charges and he showed how there were many legitimate uses for cloned
phones. In front of a jury in Kentucky, he won the case. Unfortunately,
Cummings' lawyer knew nothing about this and Cummings was forced to plead
guilty last year in the mistaken belief that he would never be able to
convince a jury that he hadn't committed a serious crime. Had he been
found innocent, there never would have been a probation violation and
Ed would be free today.
How absolutely disgusting of the Secret Service to persecute Ed Cummings.

The Secret Service are the same bunch of Cro-Magnums that put on rubber
gloves to search gay members of Congress visiting the President.

They didn't want to catch any gay cooties.

The President ordered all Secret Service members to take "sensitivity" classes.

There are two more things to know about this case of persecution.

One:

8/30/96
Ed Cummings was savagely beaten by another inmate.
His jaw is shattered, and his arm is also completely shattered.
He had surgery on both his arm and his jaw.
His jaw was so shattered, they had to "slit my throat in two places"
to put the metal in to hold it
I***@yahoo.com
2007-08-15 05:57:30 UTC
Maybe you should take the danger factor out of it. C3PO should be
higher.
William December Starr
2007-08-24 02:39:56 UTC
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
<http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/
film/article2133609.ece>
July 25, 2007
To coincide with the release of Michael Bay's epic Transformers movie
Not to be confused with the Transformers movie that recently appeared
in movie theaters throughout the United States...
William December Starr <***@panix.com>
Anim8rFSK
2007-08-24 16:07:29 UTC
Post by William December Starr
Post by Fred Goodwin, CMA
<http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/
film/article2133609.ece>
July 25, 2007
To coincide with the release of Michael Bay's epic Transformers movie
Not to be confused with the Transformers movie that recently appeared
in movie theaters throughout the United States...
Or the sequel Bay announced he wouldn't do because of the HD/DVD deal
and buckled on a record couple of hours later . . .
--
Why watch the Sci Fi Channel?
For every Flash Gordon, there is an Earthstorm!!